Sunday, March 16, 2014

Discussing Mindset


Quick Write: I am a determined student. Although the average grades I receive in my classes, are approximately a low grade, I do my best to improve. I study hard, and try to come to school on time. And even though my effort may not currently show in my grades, I am not letting that hold me back. I try to complete all my homework assignments and do well on quizzes. Tests are mostly what holds me back in school. I excel in Math and History, but English and Science are the areas where I don't do as well. Aside from school work. I feel if I want to be successful, it's important to constantly be making new goals, and setting the bar higher. So that means i need to change a lot of ways of being a student. Coming too school everyday. Do all my work on time. Try and come too school on time. Do what I have to do, because if you don't believe you wont achieve


Reflection: This chapter reflect that If you have the fixed mindset, you believe that your talents and abilities are set in stone either you have them or you don’t. You must prove yourself over and over, trying to look smart and talented at all costs. If you have a growth mindset, however, you know that talents can be developed and that great abilities are built over time. This is the path of opportunity and success. You think carefully about the problem/task and even though you may not be fully confident, you decide to tackle the problem and you might even break the problem down into steps. Your mindset may not be confident, however, you are prepared to attempt to solve the problem. Therefore, it could be argued that your mindset is positive because you see the task as something of a challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment